NBA Africa Game 2018
|Date||August 4, 2018|
|Venue||Sun Arena at Time Square, |
Pretoria, South Africa
|MVP||Danilo Gallinari, Team World|
The 2018 NBA Africa Game was an exhibition basketball game played on August 4, 2018 in the Sun Arena at Time Square in Pretoria, South Africa. It was the third NBA game to take place on the continent of Africa, and continued with the format of Team Africa versus Team World.
The series followed its previous format of a team of players of African origin or immediate descent against an assortment of other players, with the 2018 Team World roster consisting almost entirely of players from the United States, with one Italian. In a first for the series, each roster included one female member, each a retired alumna from the WNBA.
Team World led for the vast majority of the game, with Team Africa, led by Joel Embiid, pulling to within three points in the final minute of play. Team Africa missed several attempts at what would have been the tying three-point shot; Team World scored the clinching free throw with 5 seconds remaining.
- ^ "NBA Africa Game 2018". NBA.com. NBA. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- ^ "NBA's Africa Game returns to South Africa in August". U.S. Reuters. February 17, 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- ^ "Danilo Gallinari leads Team World past Team Africa in NBA Africa Game 2018".
- ^ a b "Rosters finalized for NBA Africa Game 2018". nba.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- ^ a b "NBA Africa Game 2018 Roster". nba.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- ^ a b "NBA Africa Game 2018 Result". nba.com. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
This basketball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.